Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jordan: 11/3/10

Dear Mom, Dad, Jacob Rex, Benji, Joshy, Tara Sue, and Danny Bear,

How are you? Happy Halloween (a few days ago)! My Halloween was really fun. We worked until 6:00, and then got to go have our little Halloween party. Our zone met together at a Stake Center and watched Invictus. I was surprised they approved that movie for us to watch because it had some bad language in it, but it was a good movie with a good message. We had dinner together (Ward members cooked for us--it was these two bachelors, and it was super funny--they made us such man food. :) We had taquitos, chips and salsa, cookies, bottled root beer, and--to top it off--marichino (spelling?) cherries on a platter (random!) and chocolate covered pretzels. I made some pumpkin bread to bring, and my companion made some popcorn. The elders pulled all the couches and arm chairs into the Relief Society room, and we watched the movie in there. It was so much fun! There are four sisters and about 18 elders in our zone--a good, fun group!

Can you believe it's November!? My companion goes home in six weeks! Weird! I am helping her make invitations today for her departing fireside. This morning, we came to email and the business center was full, so we went and washed our car because tomorrow's zone conference (we have one every three months), and they do car inspections. Then we went grocery shopping at Walmart, had lunch at Chipotle (I got Diet Coke with lots of lemons, so I'm a happy girl right now!), and went shopping at World Market. Haha. Sister Bennett and I are both obsessed with World Market--we go almost every week. We never buy anything, but it's so fun to look around! They have the cutest stuff, especially jewelry, purses, and other accessories.

This afternoon, we're going to make some soup to take to our District Leader (Elder Skousen) because he's been really sick for a couple weeks. He is waiting to get blood tests back and is hoping it's not Mono! I really hope it's not A: because I've been around him a lot, and that makes me nervous and B: because he's awesome, and I don't want him to have to go home! (they send you home for Mono!) He'd been out 6 months when I got here, so we're supposed to go home the same time (a year from Feb.) He's an awesome wakeboarder, and we decided we're going to plan a big mission Lake Powell trip when we get home. Anyway, I hope he gets feeling better and doesn't have to go home! Keep him in your prayers.

This past week I got to go on exchanges (for 24 hours) with my M.T.C. comp. (Sis. Dalrymple) who's serving down in Fredricksberg. It was so much fun! I've missed her, and Fredricksberg is beautiful! The area I serve in a very much a big city, and Fredricksberg is the complete opposite. It is very country feeling and relaxed. We even got to go wash a ward member's horse and take her out to the pasture to graze! It was so relaxing and fun! While I was there, I got to see Hermana Gwynn (who used to live in Crystal City with me). She's roommates with Sis. Dalrymple, and it was so good to get to see her and talk to her again. I really hope I get to serve in Fredricksberg someday--it's beautiful! While I was there, we did go visit some pretty crazy people though. First, we saw an old lady who is bed ridden and has too many cats to count. Because she is bed ridden, she can't clean up after her cats, so her house smells TERRIBLE. It was so hard to sit in that house and talk with her! But she was such a sweet lady. It's so sad! Then, we saw another lady who talked to us about her terrible diaherrea for an hour solid. Wow. Oh the people you meet!

Well, I'm officially halfway through my second transfer! Wow! Most of the time now a days, the time just flies by. We are teaching wonderful people in two wonderful wards, so we're always pretty busy, which is such a blessing.

We were able to take our investigator Li and her husband to the temple visitors center this past Saturday, and it was a wonderful experience. Her husband really struggles with social anxiety, so this was the first time we had met him, and it went great. We brought one of my favorite couples from our ward (Bren and Sterling Larsen) with us, and they were so great. Sterling served his mission in Taiwan, so he was able to speak with Li's husband and make him feel comfortable. We all watched the Joseph Smith movie, and afterwards Li's husband agreed to let us start teaching him! Li is so excited! She is getting baptized on December 4th and really wants her husband to share in the joyous occasion.

I am sure there is more to write, but I'm having a hard time remembering what we did this week. Overall, I'm doing great! I miss you, as always, but other than that life is good. I will close with a quote that was shared at our sisters conference a few weeks ago. I just loved it.

"Today many sisters are being called to serve. Not because they are not married or don't have anything else to do, but because they have a desire to serve. The reason: the Lord wants more sisters to serve because in the next generation he will be sending his priesthood armies to the Earth. He wants to send His choice spirit children to mothers who are prepared, who have been properly trained and taught in the gospel. What better schooling can a mother have than the experience and growth she has gained through serving a mission." -President Ezra Taft Benson (Quoted by President Hinckley)

Thank you for being my wonderful family. I love you SOOOO much. Write me and I will write you back!

Love you forever,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment