Hey family its your son Jacob from the tall pines of Washington.
Thank you so much for the letters, Dad, kids- that was very nice of you!
I'm still in Kirkland with Elder Burnett and Elder Daniels. We had a slowish week, as far as work goes. Hurry and send me my camera card back when you can. This transfer has been weird, and good. I got a call from president that i will be going back to Bothell next transfer and i will get a new companion there. I don't know how i feel about that. It could be back to the dark, scary place from where i came. I know i can make it what i want it to be, but it will just be easier if i get a companion that wants to work. I'm so tired right now. Something about this mission that i realized is that it is a million times stricter than a lot of missions. We have so many rules it is kind of ridiculous. O and by the way, I think i will be only checking this email on Mondays.
I love this work and it makes me so happy, but it really is wearing me out. Sorry i really don't have a lot to say in this mail.
Elder Daniels is so funny. This ward just laughs every time they see his face. It is really fun to be in a trio companionship because Elder Burnett and I just laugh out heads off all day. Also Elder Daniels is a Greeny so it is fun to watch him trial and error all the things he's trying to figure out. Grecia is leaving to Peru for a while so i don't think she is baptized any time soon. We got 5 people to church this week, which was a surprise because all of our other numbers were very low; not for lack of trying. We had 1 member present, 4 other lessons and that's about it. The funny thing about the Latino culture is that when we are baptizing people, we are also having to marry people too. Almost all of our investigators are needing to get married, and the men are all scared of commitment, kind of funny, but also very frustrating.
In a lesson with an investigator we were reading with the 2 Nephi 31 with them and something really jumped out to me this time. I have probably read this scripture like 15 times already on my mission, but this time it really stood out. Verse 19: "And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path(speaking about baptism), I would ask if all is done? Behold I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save." We all need, especially me, to keep progressing in this life, if a tree stops really growing it probably means its dead, and so that happens with our souls also. Keep on fighting to the end, what ever trial you have, Christ will be the one to save you. The more personally you know him, the more you trust he will catch you.
Love you all so much You are the Best!!!
E. Lee
No comments:
Post a Comment