Thursday, January 13, 2011

Jordan: 1/12/10

My Dear Family,
 
Good morning! How are you? I am cold but good. We got a bunch of snow last night! Yesterday, Sister Vaitai and I got invited to go to a Pilate's class that a member of our ward teaches at 5:30 am. It was awesome and felt so good to get to work out for a full hour, but we are so sore today! We are going to go again Thursday morning. She teaches it every Tuesday and Thursday morning and said we can go whenever we want!
 
I'm kind of at a loss for words this morning, so this may be a really random, scatter-brained email. Better than nothing, right? Last week was so strange. Knowing that a chunk of my family was in D.C. really through me for a loop. But I just did my best to focus on the work, and I made it through. :) I want to see pictures and stuff from the trip and event! How was it? What's Michael's plan for the future? Are they going to move to the D.C. area?
 
Something exciting that happened this past week was that we got a family of five to church! I was literally sweating by the time church was over trying to get everyone situated in their various classes and making sure they were happy and having a good experience, but it was so worth it! The family is a woman named Monique, her 13-year-old daughter Mon'e, and three younger children, Makai, Jada, and Jay. They are an awesome family! It was quite to production to get them all to church because they don't have a car. The Ecohawks each to a car and drove the whole family to church. (I think you know them, Dad. Brother Ecohawk taught with you at the Law School. Sister Ecohawk is the Stake Relief Society President and is a convert to the church. She is awesome and always willing to come to lessons with us.) It is such a blessing to have a wonderful ward that supports and helps us in our missionary efforts. Monique accepted an invitation to be baptized in the last lesson we had with her, and we are teaching her again on Friday, so we are going to try to set a goal-date for baptism. Hopefully soon!
 
We also had a great lesson with the Chambers (British couple) this week. They are such a joy to be with, and I look forward to our visits with them so much. Let me just paint a picture for you of our most recent visit to their house: red-brick house with a perfectly manicured yard, plaque that reads "House of Chambers" next to the door, fire going in the fireplace, hot-chocolate and cookies on the coffee table, sweet Sister Chamber's reading from the Book of Mormon with her British accent . . . you get the picture. I love going to their house! They always send us away with a "care-package" consisting of miniature water bottles, fruit, and cookies or some type of snack. They are so kind to us! (They're the same ones who gave us the White House ornaments and $20 for Christmas.) Now, we just need to work on helping them progress towards baptism. We have taught them many times, and they read the Book of Mormon consistently, so we just need to give it some time. We have another appointment with them on Monday.
 
We are also really excited about Elsie, who I've talked about before. She is the one who we found through tracting back in September. We just started teaching her again about a month ago, and she is doing really well. We are teaching her again tonight and are going to try to set a goal-date for baptism. She is from Bolivia and is such a wonderful lady. She teaches special education at an elementary school and has such a big heart.
 
We have also been working with Kathleen, who is a member of our singles ward. She was baptized when she was 16 and then wasn't active for about 8 years. (I've talked about her in previous emails.) Anyway, she is doing great. She has been faithfully attending church and told us yesterday that she received her limited-use temple recommend and wants us to go with her to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. I am so thrilled and so proud of her. She is also preparing to receive her patriarchal blessing and asked if we would be there with her when she gets it since her parents aren't members of the church. She is a wonderful person and such a joy to work with. I am looking forward to hopefully being able to go with her to take out her endowments in the temple some time this fall.
 
Well, I am sure there is more to share that I'm forgetting, but that's all I can think of for now. Today is P-day (obviously because I'm emailing), so we're going to go play volleyball at the Stake Center with some other missionaries. Should be fun!
 
I love you all so very much and miss you every day. Please write me this week, and I will write you back! Thank you for your letters, love, prayers, and constant support. I couldn't do it without you!
 
Love you forever,
Jordan
 
P.S. I am working on making a video for missionary month for the ward. When do I need to have it to you?
P.P.S. Yesterday was my 5 month mark! Wow, can you believe it?
P.P.P.S. Love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment