Monday, January 31, 2011

Jake: 1/31/11 - I'm 20? Nahh..

Hey guys! Just chillin up here in Everett! (Kirkland, WA)
I have some answers to questions:
No, i have not done the filming thing, but i will this week cause its been buggin me and i just wanna get it out of the way.
-p.s. my camera's zoom stopped working so i think i'm gonna send that to you too to see if you can get a new one from Costco..
No, i'm not going to panda today because right now im kinda stressed that im gonna appear fat for the Lindon 15th Ward.
Do i feel older? Yes actually i do. A lot older than i felt a year ago, but not twenty more like 13, maybe Josh and i are just twins: Which that would make me the runt of the litter though, haha. I did a lot of reflecting on my life during the 28th and what it has consisted of, also kinda who my personality has changed over the years. It was a weird and surreal day, and all day i waited for that package, but all i ended up getting was just the best letter ever from my great grandma!-haha, it seemed like she was the only one that remembered, (97 yrs old-i think)!
Do i ever have to speak in Church? I think some day soon i will, but the latest thing in that genre was yesterday i had to teach an hour Gospel Principles class to a class of twenty or so people. It went really went since we have a bunch of recent converts in there that would answer my questions and made it more like a discussion. I ended the class with my testimony and during that time for some reason i knew i had touched the people in that class just looking into their eyes and had made a difference which really made me feel happy knowing that i had met that goal.
Federico still for the 12th of Feb? No. He couldn't come to church this Sunday, again, although he really wanted to. So that pushed him back a week, but hopefully he can make the push. He has a testimony, it would be nice just to be able to get the ordinance done, but the rule is here three times to church before baptism. It really hurts us since the church building is so far away from our area.
Pili? I'm pretty sure his big brother is my friend that i went to Oak Canyon with and played running back for BYU the other year. (Jojo Pili)
BYU, yea! i am so excited to hear about march madness, hopefully that LOBO game woke them up for the harder games to come. Jimmer is a beast. Alguien tiene noticias(or articles) de El?
Well this week was a doozy, for sure. We had like 3 lessons and my faith meter starts going down after a couple days of nothing, i'm sure its different all over, but i have specific expectations where i am right now and seriously no one was home or around! It was very hard to hear about the other elders in the ward getting a bunch of success and people to church (we had nobody) when, i unfortunately know that their testimonies fall in line with just about everybody's over here, including my district leader, "Obedience to the Rules and the White handbook do not help you have success and bring the spirit", hearing that over and over again and then seeing through your week while having a testimony of the opposite is a little disheartening. It is nice every once in a while to get to be around people like my zone leaders that know what is going on, spiritually, on missions.
I have been thinking a lot about why i am out here are what does the Lord get from me. I do know one thing: I gain the most out of my mission and i will be a changed and more Christlike person if i am obedient and follow the Savior.
SORRY about my ranting, i just get ultra-defensive when it comes to spiritual things.
Sorry this is all over the place and might not be what you want, but i'm peacin out.
I love you all, I love these people, I love my mission, I love life!
love, Elder Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment