Saturday, December 18, 2010

Jordan: 12/15/10

Here is Jordan's email from today. She seems to continue to thrive. We are so grateful that the Lord is watching over her.

Tom


Mom, Dad, Jake, Benji, Josh, Tara, and Danny Bear,
 
How are you? How is everyone doing? I miss you! Today was our Christmas Conference, and it was really fun. Our whole mission got together at a stake center and Elder Marriott of the Seventy spoke to us. It was wonderful! We also got to hear President and Sister Albright's son and daughter-in-law sing, and they are AMAZING. They sang "The Prayer" and "For Good" (from Wicked). It was so much fun!
 
Life in Crystal City is great! Sister Bennett is going home TOMORROW, so that is really sad and weird. This past week has consisted mostly of going around saying goodbye to people. I have to remind myself that I am not leaving too! It's weird and hard to "kill" a companion. I don't want to do it ever again! It's hard to stay focused! But, other than that, everything is going really well.
 
Here are some highlights of things that have been going on:
Nathan Soli got baptized on Saturday! It was such an exciting, happy day. The only downside was that the water heater was out in the stake center, so he had to get baptized in 54 degree water! We felt so bad. But he came up out of the water with a huge smile on his face. It has been miraculous to witness the change in Nathan's countenance throughout this process. We tracted into him about 2 1/2 months ago, and now he's a baptized member of the Church! His face just glows. He is so happy! What a joy it was to be a part of his baptism and conversion! On Sunday, after he was confirmed in Sacrament meeting, we asked him how he was feeling, and he said he just felt so at home.
Li Tang is getting baptized on December 23rd! (Hopefully the water heater is fixed by then!) I am so thrilled. I love her so much. She is the most humble, loving person and is so ready to get baptized. Both her son and her husband are coming to her baptism, so hopefully they will feel the wonderful spirit there and have a desire to learn more about the Church! We'll see. . .
Everyone is so very loving towards us this time of year! I was worried that this would be a very difficult time to be away from home, but I have felt so incredibly loved. First of all, Cassandra (who got baptized back in October) invited me and my new companion (Sis. Vaitai) over for Christmas! I am so thrilled. There isn't anyone in Virginia I'd rather spend Christmas with. Cassandra has been such a blessing to me. She was here for me to teach right when I arrived. I was able to be here to teach her and help her work towards baptism. Now she is a wonderful member of the church, and we are dear friends. What a blessing!
Also, Bishop and Sister Sampson invited us over for Christmas! I'm so happy and excited! They are so wonderful! Sister Sampson walked into church a few Sundays ago (right after transfers) and gave me a big hug and whispered in my ear, "Yay! We get to keep you for Christmas!" (because I wasn't getting transferred). I love the Sampsons so much! They are so good to me!
The Chambers (the older couple we've been teaching) also make me feel so loved! I told you last week about how they gave us the White House ornaments for Christmas. They are so wonderful! We really wanted them to come to church on Sunday, so we went caroling to their house on Saturday night. They were home and invited us in, and we had a really nice visit (which included me and Sister Bennett trying out Mrs. Chamber's electric chair that helps her get up the stairs while Mrs. Chambers took pictures of us--great fun!). They agreed to come to church, and when they arrived they had Christmas cards for both me and Sister Bennett. When we opened them up later that day we found that they each had $20 in them! Wow! They are so sweet to us. And they loved church! Sis. Vaitai and I are going back to teach them tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes!
I love the Crystal City area so, so much! It is going to be SO hard for me to leave. Bishop Sampson said he is lobbying for me to stay as long as President Albright feels good about, so we'll see! :) I feel like I will be here for at least a couple more transfers (probably until the spring), but you never know! (Our next transfer is on January 6th.)
 
As of tomorrow (when Sister Bennett leaves) I am officially training a new missionary! I am excited but a little nervous too.  Sister Bennett was making fun of me because I made this big list of things I need to remember to do before I go to sleep each night (call the ward mission leader, update the area books, set up exchanges, etc.) and taped it on the wall by my bed. She assures me I'll be fine. I just feel funny going from being the brand new missionary to the "trainer" who supposedly knows what she's doing. :) Pray for me! I know Heavenly Father will help me.
 
This is kind of a random, scattered email. Just know that I love you so very much and miss you always. Thank you so much for your letters, prayers, love, and support. It means so much to me. I pray for each of you by name every day. This gospel is true. It is the living gospel of Jesus Christ once again established on the earth. I testify that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and He loves us and knows us by name. Never forget that!
 
Love you forever,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment